Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day

 A two-year-old dresses herself.

 Yesterday, we went to visit Kristen & Teddy.
 Finn helped feed the sheep some hay.

 This rooster, Big Red, was antagonistic toward Finn, but Finn showed courage.
 She was cautious around him after he rushed at her a couple times, which made her scream and call out "Mommy!"  I was standing right next to her once when he charged, and he appeared to be preparing to head-butt or bite her.  My motherly instincts kicked in and I charged him back, yelling at him.  

I was surprised that Finn did not run from him, but froze in place when he approached her.  That was probably the smarter thing to do anyway because he might have chased her down (which would have been really scary for her, I'm sure.  I would be terrified if a 4-foot tall rooster charged me.)  

One time she held her ground as he rushed toward her, and she let out a little yelp, then when he slowed his approach because she wasn't budging, she commented cheerily, "Rooster coming say Hi to me!" I was impressed by how positive she was.
 Collecting eggs (see Kristen's hand) and filling water for the chickens.

 We met Mama at home for lunch and trike-riding time.
 doing a little sweeping
 Isn't he handsome?
Problem-solving:  Finn was upset she couldn't reach the door handle, so she went to her room to get her step stool.
 "Can reach now!"

 "Mile, Tusoe!"  (translation:  'smile, crusoe!')
 He fits in this stroller much better.

1 comment:

  1. THey are two cute kids! And I'll see them soon, like two weeks from this very day, Gran
    PS And the mamas too...

    ReplyDelete