on october 14, 2006, remi and maribeth got married... to each other. on december 31, 2009, finn was born... on february 17, 2011, crusoe was born... the adventure continues...
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Under the weather
For the past week, Crusoe has been running a fever and throwing up occasionally. We found out yesterday he has a bladder infection, so he's on antibiotics and doing better.
Two funny things happened at the doctor's office yesterday:
The doc told us they needed to catheterize Crusoe so they could check his urine. MB quickly spoke up, "If we can get him to pee in a cup, can we skip the catheter?" Sure... the doc said, hesitantly, not knowing if this was a joke. So I took off his diaper, held the sterile cup under him while I held him in my lap, and made my cueing sound for him, "pssssssss." At first it didn't work, but I knew he had to pee because he had been squirming like he usually does before he pees. He just needs to relax more, I thought. So I nursed him, and sure enough, he trickled into that little cup and made us proud!
Then we went into the pharmacy downstairs to pick up his prescription. Finn wandered around finding all sorts of stuffed animals and toys to play with. There were lots of medicine and over-the-counter remedies within sight and reach but she stuck mostly to the toys. As we administered Crusoe's first dose of antibiotic, Finn disappeared around the corner of an aisle. She returned shortly with two bottles of some cranberry concentrate which is touted to be among the more effective treatments for such infections as Crusoe has. I'm pretty sure she's going to be a healer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Feel better, Crusoe!
ReplyDeleteAnd Tina too; it's now been a week!
ReplyDelete