Sunday, October 25, 2009

update: 30 weeks

NOTE: this is from the website "babycenter.com".
You may be feeling a little tired these days, especially if you're having trouble sleeping. You might also feel clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off.
Boy, I'll say. I was walking down some stairs the other day and slipped an fell in a way that I don't think has happened since I was learning to walk- I only bruised my knee and ankle, but I fell in such a way that while my hands caught me and kept me from landing on my face, my backpack flipped over my head, pulling my raincoat with it and I landed in a heap at the bottom of the stairs.
In other news, Nugget is busy, kicking and wiggling and tickling and jumping. The heart rate continues to stay around 155, which points to a girl, say the old wives. Our friend, Nona, who is three also is predicting a girl and has suggested the name Kaia.
We have started birthing classes. The first one was this past Thursday night. Remi's favorite part was a pair of posters that depicted the insides of a pair of women, one who was not pregnant and the other one who was very pregnant. It helped her understand why I can't tie my shoes and why, even though I'm quite hungry at mealtime, I can only eat a little.
There are no new pictures to post at the moment, but we're going to a Halloween party as "Before" and "After". Remi's belly will be painted like the first poster and mine like the last. If all goes well, we'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment