Friday, March 16, 2012

Finn at bedtime

We went on a walk this evening after dinner to get tickets for the St. Patty's day pub crawl in WJ. Gran is in town and will be staying with the kiddies so we can go out for a night on the town. Yippee!!!

After we got our tickets, we nipped down the block for ice cream. All the way home, Finn asked for "more ice cream, please." She was insatiable, really. She didn't really have that much, but she obviously LOVED it.

When she goes to bed at night, she often will say to me, "yummy milk, Mama." I got curious tonight and asked her which she likes better, Mama's milk or ice cream. She thought a moment and responded, "lollipops!" The conversation continued:

me- Which do you like better, ice cream or lollipops?

F- (thinking...) lollipops.

(We're just rocking in the chair now, she's sitting in my lap)

me- I sure do like rocking with you in my lap. Which do you like better, rocking in my lap or lollipops?

F- (pause...) lollipops, but I really like rocking in your lap.

me- is there anything you like better than lollipops?

F- (split-second answer. no time to think.) ABCD song! (the alphabet)

1 comment:

  1. As Morgan would say about sitting with Finn & Crusoe: "easy-peasy;" neither awakened even once. Mind you, the last time I did this neither slept a wink. I even understand most of what Finn says & Crusoe will not be far behind, ever. His crawl reminds me of Tiny Tim because he bends the left leg at knee, tucks it under and crawls normally with right leg; too funny but effective. Gran is having such a time and next week Fiona also will be here!!! Gran

    ReplyDelete