Tuesday, May 11, 2010

4-month check up

Weight: 16lbs 2.5oz (90th percentile)
Height: 25.25" (75th percentile)
Body Mass Index: 17.82 kg/m2
Head circumference: 42.5 cm

"I don't believe it is possible to overfeed a baby who is solely nursing" -Dr. Lonas
I'm glad to hear that as both my mom reported about Al and Grandma Nancy reported about Mitch that their pediatricians put them on skim milk when they got a little chunky.

Finn got three shots and some sugar water with the polio vaccine in it. This time when she got the shots her mouth opened silently, her face turned bright red and then she let out a wail of protest heard across town. The difference was that as soon as I picked her up and held her she calmed down to whimpering.

Feeding
"your baby should be taking about 6 oz. of breast milk every 4-5 hours"- I (Maribeth) am glad someone finally told Finn that. She is finally slowing down (from nursing every 2 hours around the clock since birth) to about every 4 hours.

Development
"babies are starting to roll over from stomach to back." Finn is also rolling from her back to her side.

Sleep
"many babies are sleeping through the night by 4 months of age"- Did you hear that Finn?

Next check up- 6 months including the next set of immunizations

No comments:

Post a Comment